Extra bus, street car changes during RNC | News
Tampa, Florida-- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) has announced that it will operate an extra bus and make changes to the streetcar service during the Republican National Convention (RNC), providing additional public transportation options for customers and visitors between Ybor City and Channelside.
According to the release from HART, the following changes will take place:
Route 8 (Downtown to Progress Village/Brandon):
- 4:30 a.m. - Noon: Detoured to operate along Channelside. See map.
- 7:30 a.m. - Noon: 15/20-minute service between Ybor City/Channelside.
- Noon - Last Trip: Detoured to operate along Nuccio Parkway and Cass Street. See map.
- No route/schedule changes for the portion of the route between Brandon and Ybor City.
TECO Line Streetcar System:
- Stations 9, 10 and 11 will be closed Aug. 24 - Aug. 31 (service will resume Sept. 1). See map to view exact locations of open streetcar stations.
- Monday - Thursday operating hours will extend until midnight.
- Frequency will be increased according to demand.
Detours and schedule information is subject to change. The beginning date for bus detours and schedule changes has not been finalized, but may begin as early as the week prior to RNC, August 20.
HART encourages commuters to plan in advance and allow for extra time to account for expected service interruptions and schedule delays. Sign up for RNC Rider Alerts to stay updated on service and schedule changes during the week of the convention.
For more information and maps of detours during RNC, visit www.goHART.org