Tampa Fire Rescue helps residents to ready for storm | Families
Tampa, Florida-- Tampa Fire Rescue means business when they say, "Remember to have your plan now."
They're talking about prepations for Tropical Storm Isaac, which could potentially be dubbed "Hurricane Isaac" in the very near future.
To ensure that Tampa residents know just want to do to prepare, Tampa Fire released a video touching on the topic.
We have attached it above, and we encourage you to watch!
Other tips from Tampa Fire?
- Stay informed to local news: 10 News has your storm updates right here
- Check your kit in your home, your car, and your work
- Update food, water, batteries, etc.
- Make sure all of your family understands what the plan is to communicate, and knows what their role is during an emergency.
- Ensure there are back up plans in place and these are known as well.
- Make sure your vehicle's fuel is topped off
- Have cash
- If you see standing water, turn around...don't drown.
- Ensure your children do not play in the flood waters
- If you need to evacuate your home, be sure to turn off the breakers so flood waters to not surge the system
For more searchable emergency planning tips from Tampa Fire, visit www.tampagov.net/fire.